Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The first committee meeting and life

Today we had our first committee meeting for the wedding. It was interesting to sit in and watch 18 total strangers plan our wedding. Within this committee are 11 sub committees one for cooking, goat, cake for vegetarian, decorations, M.C., music, photography, trumpet team, security, transportation and more. I did not really know what to make of all this. But I will feel better after I get used to the idea. Oh and the only decision I made about the colours I was told by the women on the committee that they were bad and they refused to use them. After some discussion that I did not understand I was told I had till Jan. 31st to produce the colours that I am talking about and they will make the final decision. Definitely a lot of different ways of doing things to get used to.

I am living with a woman called Mama Stella. She is so lovely I just want to pick her up and put her in my pocket. Meaning I really like her and she is super cute. I stay in one of her quest houses with two German girls that are here for a year, Nicole and Amja. It is nice to have these roommates around.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You finally put something on your blog!!! We're glad you arrived safely. Good to hear things are staying interesting for you! :)
    We miss you already....post some pictures, eh?

    ReplyDelete